(Mackinac) – Governor Rick Snyder announced an impressive set of initiatives aimed at improving the local economy here in Michigan.
The Pure Michigan Business Connect plan was put together by the Governor and officials from the Michigan Economic Development Corp. and includes the following five initiatives:
- Pure Michigan Business Connect Network – A business to business network online which will serve as a directory of local businesses with the purpose of connecting businesses with suppliers through an online procurement marketplace.
- Develop Michigan Inc. – A $20 million partnership designed to help finance large community redevelopment projects.
- Grow Michigan LLC – A partnership aimed at filling the funding gap between small and medium businesses in order to help them grow.
- Michigan Corps -A partnership with Kiva.org which provides a microloan program for very small business ventures.
- State Trade Export Program (STEP) / Export Now – STEP will provide financial support for Michigan companies with fewer than 500 employees that focus on export related businesses.
Kroger Promoting Michgan Made Products
More good news came when Kroger announced their plan to promote Michigan made products. Kroger Inc. is partnering with the Michigan Economic Development Corp., Michigan Ag Council and the Michigan Milk Producers to emphasize Michigan made products in their stores. They will have “Experience Pure Michigan” displays and shelf space for products which have over 50% of their value coming from in-state.
For more information on Pure Michigan Business Connect, visit their website: http://www.michiganadvantage.org/business-connect/